WHAT?!?!?!
Another post already? No!
It's true. Don't pass out. I want to get up to date so I can complain in a timely manner. It's not as rewarding when the complaints come months after the events happen!
So, I finished off with surgery... While I was healing, Laura, Ben & Haley were here, and then they left. A few weeks later, Danielle, Tacey & McCade came for a visit. Tacey went to Girl's Camp, McCade went to Surf Camp, Danielle wandered, and I was up enough by then to wander around with her... except to the beach. Sand and open wounds don't mix. :) Dallin and Shane showed up the next week. While they were here we went and saw In the Heights down at the Civic Theater. It was really good! It's so amazing to be able to see stories and how people present them. It makes me realize how truly lucky I am to be part of all of it! When you're in the middle of rehearsals, and backstage drama, you sometimes forget the amazing pictures that come from the choas. It's a fantastic ride!
By August, I was pretty much good to go. I started looking for a job... I'm STILL looking for a job! The difference now is that I am working on a show in the meantime! I am currently the Stage Manager for a local non-profit youth theater company called ACT-San Diego. We are doing Hairspray. The show has been double cast. I remember being IN a double cast show... It was a nightmare. This is definitely a challenge as well, but at least it gives more kids the opportunity to be involved in the show and learn about theater. We open at the end of October in the Lyceum Theater downtown. I think it's an omen. I get so lost driving downtown, and now I'm going to have to drive down there everyday for 2 weeks. Yuck! Too bad we can't use Starlight Theater. I know how, and I'm comfortable driving there. Plus, no one uses it in the fall/winter/spring. Granted, it gets a little cold there since it's outside...
I also got to go back to UCLA for one day in August. It was for my scholarship. I had a photoshoot! It made me feel all important and some junk. That doesn't happen too often. It was fun. :) Additionally, I was asked to be part of a video journal thing for the Daily Bruin that is happening during the fall quarter of school. They are following recent grads and what they do for the first few months after they graduate. It's going to be very uneventful, unfortunately...
I'll go back up to school in about a month. By then my degree should be ready for pick up, and I'm going to take advantage of that. It's amazing how much I miss being there, now that it's over! If I was still in school, I would already be back in a dorm room and attending classes. Instead I'm home, broke, and currently melting to death because it is so freaking HOT! I think it is illegal for it to be this hot this late in the year. If it's not, someone in the country will soon complain and it WILL be.
So, that's about the extent of my year so far. I have also been blessed to be given the opportunity to have my LAST surgery in November. I've been walking everyday, and riding my bike at least 3 times a week in an effort to lose more weight in my thighs before my last big day. Since my surgery in June, I have lost 20 additional pounds. This is the first time in my life that I can remember weighing what I currently weigh. The coolest part: I EASILY fot into a size 8, and can wear a tight size 6. The only single digit number I ever remember wearing before now has been on my feet. The problem with being a fat girl trying to get skinny is that even if I can see the number in my pants, I can't see it in the mirror. I still see the fat. I fear I'll ALWAYS see the fat. And, well, my lack of romantic prospects regardless of physical demeanor is quite the blow to the already fragile self-esteem. Perhaps removing the elephant thighs will help!
You are now up to date. I'll do better about posting, and keep everyone "In the Know" on surgery, the show, and my lack of job. Perhaps I'll even get around to posting some pictures! I'll definitely do so when (and if) they send me the info on the photoshoot I had. Plus, Hippie is feeling really neglected. Poor Ace Reporter...
I'm off to sleep! Lots of nothing to do tomorrow... I need to prepare! :)