It's been a month since I updated? Really?! Well, since it's almost time for me to get up anyway, and since I have all but given up sleep, I will take a few minutes to update you on the current whirlwind that is my life.
First of all, spring break was great! I did nothing, and it was exactly what I wanted to do! I did get to go to Disneyland one day with Mandy Gill and John Reynolds. They both buried me at the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, but we had a fun time!
I also re-interviewed with Sea World in hopes of getting a summer job, and filling out all my paperwork before I came back to school. Honestly, I figured being home for two weeks and not hearing from them meant that they decided waiting to use me until June would not be advantageous, but earlier this week I got the call, and will once again be the smoke behind the fantastical entertainment at Sea World! I hope I get to work with the sealions and otters again. At the end of last summer they were trying to figure out if one of the otter pairs was pregnant. I was done with my job and at school before they found out. Hopefully, if they had babies, they will be there, or at least have pictures...
Coming back to school has been CRAZY! This is by far the busiest quarter I have had, with the largest work load. (Hence the reason I have not updated regularly.) I am currently taking 3 classes. Theater 101C: Deconstructing Tradition (aka Mandatory Theater History part3), Theater Design, and Spanish. 101C also has a discussion class I have to attend once a week aside from the lecture, so I will count that as my 4th class. Also, spanish is immersive (meaning my teacher only speaks in Spanish to us, and we get marked down if we speak english in class.) and meets every. single. day. That means I have 2 hours of homework every night just for this class.
Normally, I wouldn't mind, but I am also stage managing a show that goes up in 3 weeks. Oh, wait. I'm actually Stage Managing THREE shows that go up in 3 weeks. Here's the quick version of the story: I received an e-mail over spring break asking if there were any students interested in stage managing the Francis Ford Coppola One Acts. After some thought, I e-mailed back and said, "as long as it doesn't interfere with my other crew commitment (I am crewing the spring musical "Anything Goes" in May & June) and if no one else needs the credits, then I will do it." A day later, I was part of the show.
But here's the kicker. There are SO MANY shows that are being produced this quarter that no one else can or is interested in stage managing! No one wants the time commitment! So, here I am. One lone stage manager running between three plays that will be performing in the show. It's an interesting experience to see the differences in directing styles, and how they approach working with actors and playwrights. I am definitely enjoying it. But I'm still REAAAALLLLY tired! I truly hope 5 weeks goes FAST!
So really, that's about it for now; and the reason why you may not get another post for another 4 weeks. Just for an example, tomorrow I will get up and go eat breakfast in the cafeteria so I can make a sack lunch. I have Spanish from 10-11, then a one hour break - not enough time to come back to my room. From 12-3 I have theater history. From 3-6 I have a production meeting for my three shows. From 6-7 I have to set up the rooms for rehearsal, and from 7-11 I will be in rehearsal. Then I have to come back to my room and update all my show notes, and theater lists. Write e-mails, and spend 2-3 hours working on my Spanish homework before I go to bed so I can get up and go to rehearsal on saturday. That's my excuse.
Ok, my eyelids are starting to close of their own accord, so I am going to bed. Night!