1.23.2012

Toe in the Door & Dinner Guests

Well, I had some exciting news this week!

My current show, Once Upon A Mattress starts this week. I was excited to have some time off to relax after my normal job once the show is over, but I got an e-mail last week, inviting me to interview with, of all places the La Jolla Playhouse!!!

Of course I said yes, and last week I went over there and interviewed for a PA position. (Production Assistant)

I had fun seeing the playhouse offices, and imagined myself sitting in one of the cubicles working on theater stuff as my everyday job. It would be so fun!!

Well, they ended up hiring me as one of three stage managers for their next show!! Additionally, I'm doing a bit of administrative "liason" work for the show as well!

So, at the end of February, come to the La Jolla Playhouse and see my next show, The Car Plays!




The job is really with the company putting it on, and not so much with the playouse, but still, it's my toe in the door, and prehaps if I do a good job, I can bust that door wide open!!!



In other news, I got home from rehearsal one night this last week, and sat down to eat my dinner. It was quiet, when I suddenly heard this noise. I thought it was in the kitchen, but then I heard it again, and it came from outside. I went to the back door, and peeked through the blinds. Something was moving out there. I turned on the light, opened the curtains, and saw this:




Crazy! A raccoon just inches from me! Thank goodness for glass! They're nasty little buggers. Then I realized, there was not only the one rifling through my recycling, but another one was playing under the deck.



Then a third one came over from by the garden shed; and the FOURTH was closer to the trashcan! Four. FOUR!! It was a small gang of trash bandits! It was scary & cute at the same time.

I sat with the curtain open during dinner the next night, but alas, they have not come back that I have seen.

Anyway, that's it for now. Tech starts again this week. I'm already tired, so I hope it goes quickly!