Actually, to be technical, it's my second. The first one only lasted a day before I broke it, so I had to get this one. :)
Don't freak out! I'm not broken. Actually, think of the cast as an opportunity for my foot to take a vacation.
Back in July I hurt my heel really, REALLY bad. Never got it checked though, because I'm SMART.
Anyway, it has continued to plague me, and keep me from exercising as I'd like, so I figured it was time to get it checked. Turns out I have a HUGE heel spur that bruised, stretched & caused some tearing in my ligaments. So, after being given several options, the one that seemed to be the most drastic, yet the best working was a cast.
I'm in a cast for the next 3 weeks, and then they will reassess. If they don't like the progress, I could be casted an additional 3 weeks.
Anyway, just thought I'd share my new designer foot attire. My first one was cooler.
It was glow in the dark!