1.23.2013

Unbirthday Birthday List

I was thinking about things I would like to have for my birthday.  Since it isn't my birthday, this is an Unbirthday Birthday List.

Here's what I know:  There are those that feel like gift-giving days are for giving things people want, instead of things people need.  I happen to be one of those people.  However in my case, what I need is piece of mind, and less stress.  (I have recently realized that stress makes me eat, and that's BAD.) In order to get that, what I want, is what I need.

So, here's my list, in order of importance:

1. Auto Repair.  My car is a 2002 model.  It has 127,000 miles on it, and I haven't been able to afford a tune-up since 30,000 miles.  I know it is only a matter of time before it starts really causing me issues.

In fact, since I decided that a car overhaul was top on my list, my driver's seat has broken a weld under the seat, causing my right buttock to go unsupported, the fabric on the same seat has ripped open at the seam, and most unfortunate: the engine light has come on.

I'm not gonna lie.  LOTS of tears, kleenex and snot have been seen since this all happened.  If I could afford a new car - making the repairs disappear for another 5 to 10 years, I would.  But to have it checked, fixed and repaired so it will keep going for another few years, would be just as good.

No car = No job.


2. A new laptop.  The same position I have with my car, is very much the same thing I am going through with my computer.  It was kindly donated to me right before I went back to school.  It's bulky, and heavy.  It has blue screened on my 4 times, crashed twice...

If I lose it, I lose EVERYTHING I have for Stage Management.  Basically, my life would be over if I lost my transportation or my computer; and both are getting near the end of their lives.

Scary, and stressful barely cover my worry.




3. A Gas Credit Card.  I work for jobs all over the city, and drive a lot.  When I get paid, a chunk of what I make goes toward gas.  But I barely make enough to pay my bills.  (In fact, I'm concerned February will not bode well for me.)  But, if I was given a gas card - one I could use, charge gas on, and never see or pay the bill?  Heaven.

I would never take advantage - going more places than I needed just because I didn't have to pay - because I still would not want to run my car into the ground, and that would be wrong!!

Plus, my Disneyland pass expires in a month or so, so I have no place far away to drive.



4. Much, much, MUCH farther down the list is the move Pitch Perfect.  Ok, this is a want, not a need, but it's also epically far down the list from #1, and super duper far down the list from #2.

The movie is funny, and while I sit at home with no car, and a broken computer, I will need something to watch on TV.  Especially as I eat my stress away.



5. Last, I would like a Nike Fuel Band.  After all the stress eating, I need something to track my intake and activity.  This is what I want to help with that.



So, that's my Unbirthday Birthday List.  Laugh, Love and move on.  :)