9.26.2014

Delete

I have had problems understanding why things have happened over the last year the way they have.  I have been cheated on, lied to, harassed, ignored, abused, assaulted, faulted, and hated.  And all of it was for doing right by others, standing up for those in need, and trying to be kind and loving.

Most of it came from someone that said they loved me, and though I rallied for them everyday, they chose to believe someone selfish and ignorant, over someone they knew, and knew well.

But then I think about the good things that happened this year.  Though they have been over shadowed by the bad, I am still thankful for all the wonderful gifts and blessing that I have.  I know it could be so much worse.

So finally, after trying for over a year to understand how the evil and hateful get their "happily ever after," and those faithful and true get kicked in the teeth, I have realized that I just don't know.  It's not something anyone can tell me, and it's not something I can fix.  I've even asked, and no one understands the situation.  Even those closest to the issue don't know or understand; and sadly, they fear the precarious nature of their relationship and do not feel they can express their true feelings - that what has and is happening is WRONG, because they are afraid it will make those involved angry.  It's sad when family can't be honest with you.

And so, today I took the first step away.  After a year, I can't keep being faithful to someone who was never faithful to me. 

So I deleted him.

Gone from my email.  Gone from my phone.  Gone from my life, and hopefully soon, gone from my heart.  If he had ever actually believed in me - believed in us, he would have never done what he did.  He never would have listened to that other person's voice over what I said.  I never once lied to him, but I can't even count the number I received in return.  And even after everything happened, I rallied for him.  I knew what was important to him, and asked over and over to let me walk away so he could have his passions.  But he stopped talking to me - stopped listening to love and truth.  He got caught up in the quest for a shag, and now...

He's gone.

And I deserve better. 
Because I'm worth more than that.