3.31.2015

Hot/Crazy

My sister recently shared this video with me:


Here's what has gone through my mind since I watched it.
1. I will never be a unicorn.  I'd like to be someone's  unicorn, but I don't think that's possible.

2. I had a friend tell me I'm in the "fun-zone," which means I'm ugly and no one you would want to take home to meet the family.

3. I'm probably really in the "No Go Zone," since I'm not interested in just having "fun," and no one has ever been interested.  Not really.

People think I'm down on myself, but honestly, I'm really not.  I think I'm pretty and worth the effort.  But, I have also been told that a man that is interested will make an effort, and I have never had that, which over time makes you realize, maybe your impression of yourself is... inflated.

I'd like to mean something to someone.  I'd like to be the one.  Meaning, no dating other people, no sleeping with other girls behind my back, or texting them... No hoping I'm into "group" things, and nothing simply "casual."  I want someone to want me.  I want to be with someone and have someone I can be with, without doubting their sincerity.  I want a family.  I want a home.  I want to be a wife.  I want to be a unicorn.

...and the only reason it keeps coming up, is because I'm obviously not.  So, I'm mourning.  I'm mourning what I wish I was, and what that might afford me in this life.  I'm just not "hot" enough, and apparently too crazy to be afforded a home.  No matter what I think of myself.