Am I dumb to come back to school?
I admit, I'm older than the average college student, but was it a dumb idea? Hmmm...
I don't regret any of the life experiences I have had up to this point in my life. They have all helped me grow (or shrink as the case my be), but it has also caused me to be very alone. Everyone else in my same position is a good 10 to 12 years younger than me, and those that are my age are long gone from school and having or are raising kids. I'm FAAAAARRRRR from the family arena, and I feel like I'm almost as far from light at the end of the school tunnel. Needless to say, I am second guessing a bit.
Why all of a sudden the questioning? Well, I decided to donate blood today. Now, let me back up a bit...
I have been a little self-conscience about my age, because I don't think I look college age. But my roommate says I talk a lot about my age and that I don't look as old as I think I look. So, I have been trying not to worry about it. Then I went to donate blood...
You have to put your birthdate down to donate. The first question I get? Do you live in the dorms? (yes.) Do you work for UCLA? (no.) Really? Are you a graduate student? (no, undergrad.) Oh! How unique!
I've been reduced to unique.
I always thought unique was a good thing, but as I look back on my life, I now see that it more often than not holds sort of a negative connotation.
So, I guess I'm unique. It completely explains A LOT of things that have happened (or not) in my life. It would explain why at my age I'm an undergrad in a dorm, instead of doing the things people my age are "supposed" to be doing.
Well, **shrugging** nothing I can do about it now! I guess I'll just keep studying, sip my Ensure, breathe from my oxygen tank and look into retirement homes, since I will probably have to transfer straight there instead of thinking of grad school at MY age...
Unique. Sheesh.
Now, just because I have said this, does not mean I'm sad or depressed, so all you people who think I'm wallowing, knock it off! I'm NOT!
:)
Hey! My sister sent me this really funny bug today on my phone. He makes me laugh so I put him on the front of my phone. Now I am putting him here so you can laugh at him too! :)
He moves on my phone though. :P
