So, after class Tuesday I hopped the bus, to the subway, to the train and went home for a quick over night trip. My dad bought tickets last spring for the Vince Gill concert at the Escondido Performing Arts Center, and since I have no classes on Wednesday, I was still able to go!
I left class at 10:50, and got home about 5:00. I got to eat dinner at home (ah, homemade soup & rolls!) and then got picked up to go to the concert. It was a lot of fun! I have never been to a Vince Gill concert before. It was acoustic, and people actually sat in their seats and listened to the music. Vince's concert was sort of impromptu, so people yelled out the songs they wanted, and he played them! He was very personable, and funny. It was a lovely evening. To top it off, my grandma came! I didn't realize until the night before that she was coming. I was glad she did. I enjoy sharing memories with her. She's pretty & fun, and I hope to be even half as awesome as her one day.
After the concert, I got dropped off back at home. I voted (I have a mail-in ballot for this election - which by the way, I find it very unfair that I didn't get an "I Voted" sticker in the envelope with my ballot to wear on the actual day of the election!), swapped out some stuff I brought home from school, picked out new stuff to take back, took a shower and went to bed. In my own bed. In my own room. *Sigh*
The next morning I got up, finished packing, went to an orthodontic appointment, and headed back to school. I had good luck catching connections on the way back - not a lot of waiting around - so I left the house around 12, and got back to my room a little after 4.
That's it! That was my whole trip!
I will be going home again in a week and a half, and will be staying a whole weekend. It's my dad's birthday! Hopefully I will get some cute pictures, and if so, I will post them then. In the meantime, I have a couple of so-so pictures from the concert. I'm not a professional photographer, and unfortunately they would not allow Hippie in the venue (alright, with such a short trip, I made him stay at school) so you will have to unfortunately look at my ugly mug. Sorry.

This is my dad, JoAnne, and their friends Laurie and Don. All good people to attend concerts with!
Sorry if I misspelled names...
This is me with my grandma! Isn't she cute?? I keep telling her that if I post this picture she's done for. Now she will be discovered, become famous, and paparazzi will be hounding her constantly! (Ah, FAME!)

Lastly, in case people haven't noticed, I have added a new e-mail address to the right side of my blog. I figure those that feel the need to comment can do so at that address without worry. In the meantime, if you don't feel like commenting, I hope you enjoy reading! It's at the very least something to do to pass the time! :)