11.17.2008

Premiere!

Today I was walking down in Westwood village, and came across the LOOONG line! I had to get to my class, so I didn't have time to investigate, but I viewed from afar on my way back to my room.

It was a premiere line!

This friday the movie Twilight is released in theaters, but TONIGHT, the red carpet premiere is taking place a skant 3 blocks from my room. Exciting!

Though I am not going, so will be seeing no movie stars, I thought some pictures of the fan line might be fun to post. I apologize in advance for the bad photography... I took my digital camera out of my backpack, so only had my phone to use. :(

Here's the first picture! I was trying to get a picture of the orange construction diamond. It says, "Special Event Ahead." Obviously I was without Hippie, so without my approval, my finger decided to make a cameo appearance in the top right corner. I think my career as a paparazzi is in the toilet...

This is the second picture. It's a view of the building across the street. If you look REALLY close, you can see part of the line. This was taken around 1pm, for an evening premiere. The line was already over 2 blocks long!
This is a picture of where the line wraps around the first corner. You can see that the city blocked off the street so no one could drive by the theater. The premiere is being held in the Mann Bruin Theater in Westwood Village. It used to be an old Fox Theater, and has a really cool entrance with an awning over the ticket booth. Definitely an "Old Hollywood" feeling. I can understand why they do premieres there!



Lastly, Here's a video of the line. I apologize in advance for my movie taking skills. If you get motion sickness, you may want to pass the video. The line is again, across the street, and I took the video of it on my walk home. The tower you see way in the background is the theater where the premiere will be taking place. That might help you to see how long the line is!

Well, that's my premiere experience without actually attending a premiere! I'm sure there will be LOTS of pictures all over the internet tomorrow. It looks like Twilight will be a big movie. Personally, I think it looks a little cheesy. Maybe after all the hoopla I will go see it and do my own review! :)