So, what do all these people have in common???
William Shatner, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Peter Krause (He was on "Six Feeet Under" & is in "Dirty, Sexy Money"), Mila Kunis (She was on "That 70's Show" and is the voice of Meg on "The Family Guy"), Martin Short, Maria Bamford (She does a lot of voice over work. That's about all I know.), Kevin Chamberlain (Same. You'd recognize his voice if you heard it!), Jon Hamm (On a show called "Mad Men" and was on "The Unit"), James Cromwell (He's been in lots of stuff. But he's also the farmer in "Babe" -- 'That'll do pig. That'll do.'), Ian Gomez (He's been in a ton of stuff too, and he's married to Nia Vardalos who wrote and starred in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"), Holland Taylor (She's the mom of Charlie & Alan on "Two and a Half Men"), Dave Annable (He's on "Brothers & Sisters"), Caroline Aaron (She's been in a bunch of stuff too. Most recently I say her in "Nancy Drew." She played the real estate agent, Barbara Barbara.), Annette Bening, and Alicia Silverstone.
Well, what they have in common is last night's performance of "You Can't Take It With You" at UCLA. What's even cooler, is I got to see it!
It was called "One Night Only... with a little help from our friends" and it was a benefit for the Theater, Film and Television department at UCLA. Some wonderful, benevolent person offered to buy tickets for theater students. We had to sign up, and if there was space available, they would let us know and we could go. There was space for me, so I went!
It was super fun and really funny, and I had a fantastic time! Not only that, but seeing as I am over 21, I also got a ticket to the after party! There were so many actors, producers and directors there that I can't even begin to list them all. Some of them I don't even know their names, they are faces you just know you've seen before. Here I three people, not in the cast, that I saw this evening:
Peter Guber: Chairman and CEO of Mandalay.
Peter Guber: Chairman and CEO of Mandalay.
Danny Strong: Actor. He was on Buffy & played Paris's boyfriend on "Gilmore Girls."Anyway, I got to take some pictures of people after the show. I missed a lot of them, and others I just couldn't get close enough to get a good picture, but here are the ones I was able to get:
This is Annette Bening. The man in the tan sport coat with his back to my camera is Warren Beatty.

This is my one and only picture on Tom Hanks. I wanted to kick the guy with the black hair. He moved right into my shot at the last minute!

Here's Rita Wilson. I met a man named Earl Thompson. He was really nice, and told me that he would be willing to take a picture of me with Rita. I was just trying to blend in, so I declined. He said he knew Rita and Tom and that she would be happy to take a picture with me. Maybe next time. I'm just wetting my feet with these hoity toity parties, and Hippie was too young to go... :)



















