I've been doing doing a bit of... "life editing" recently; trying to find fun things to do, and removing the things that aren't worth keeping.
One thing I still do is keep a physical day planner. Why? I like being able to write my appointments in a book, and flip through it to see my plans and my available time. I like to add little notes, and drawings. I write my lists in there, keep business cards, and scribble in little things that happened on days that were interesting or significant. Opening it up it like seeing into who I am, in a way, and what is important to me.
So tomorrow, I'm going to get a new one at Barnes & Noble. (That's where I got my last one, and I like it very much.) Though I still have 4 months left in my current planner, there are a lot of little things in it that I need to edit. Things I need to cross out, throw away or erase. Instead, I'm just going to get a new one. Start over. No smudges.
The first thing I'm going to add is my bike class friday night. Something fun, that I am looking forward to. It's time for a change. :)