8.30.2011

What have I done?!

I went to my bike class this weekend.

I passed! I got an 87%, and a certificate worth framing. :) One of the guys in my class told me about a ride that occurs every Saturday. I might take my new-found knowledge and see if I can get better at riding.

Here's another thing I "won" this weekend...



I have gotten darker/redder since this picture was taken, but luckily, I felt it before I was done with my class, so I took care of it as soon as I got home. 2 days, several warm showers, and lots of aloe goop later, I'm a little sensitive on my shoulders, but otherwise fine!

So, now I'm on a mission to find some more places to find friends. I was told about a cooking class that will be using produce for healthy cooking, and that is exactly what I have been looking for! There are so many fruits & vegetables out there worth trying and eating, but I don't know how to use a lot of them, or even what they taste like. This class (I hope) will help expand my palate. I need to research more.

One of the girls I talked to at my appointment in PB also told me about speed dating. I think I want to try it. There are not any currently listed for my area on the site she recommended, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for that.

I've also spent quite a bit of time in North Park/Hillcrest recently. Back last summer, I had someone who wanted to take me to VegNOut, before I was kicked to the curb as not good enough, and I haven't had a chance to go. I think I'm going to try it. Maybe I'll find some nice people. At the very least, I think I'll get to try something new, which is what I want to do!

Additionally, I don't know how I did it, but somehow I got myself back into doing 2 shows at the same time. Oy! Luckily, I'll still have some days/nights to myself, but I'll be back to being busy. It'll be fine though. Perhaps it will lead me to new opportunities to find people who think I'm fun to talk to and be with. That would be nice. :)

And finally, I have a bunch of imaginary friends. One of them recently shared this video, and I thought it was funny, so I thought I'd add it to the bottom of my post.

Unrelated, another iaginary friend posted this quote, and I liked it:
"Everyone always says that I'll find love someday, but no one ever just offers to love me." - Im_Tricia
It's nice. It's true. Someone else mailed me and said I was special and that someone dreamed of my smile. I don't think that's true, but I would like it to be someday. Hopefully someone will realize that I'm worth the effort, the time, the love and the trust, and that under no circumstances would I compromise those feelings in return. I'm loyal. It seems to be a unique thing, that people don't care about anymore. They'd rather compromise their self-worth for something easy. How much greater life could be if they would see what they could have.

Tangent. Sorry.

Anyway, this post is all over the place, but hopefully you found something in it for you. If not, enjoy this funny video!