11.28.2011

Happy Place

As silly as it is, my happy place is Disneyland.



Everyone has a happy place - somewhere where you go and just feel happy, and relieved, and joyful. I don't remember at what point in my life this became my place, or even WHY it became my place, but that's what it is.

Do you know, I haven't been to Disneyland in almost a year? To many people, that would seem silly; like hardly anytime at all. But you have to remember that at one point in my life, I was there EVERY DAY. Even when I wasn't working near the park, I would find a way to get there at least 5 or 6 times a year. So, the fact that I haven't been there since last Christmas season is kind of amazing.

Perhaps this is part of the reason I have struggled so much this year. I don't know. But maybe- I just haven't had a chance to feel relief in my heart. Perhaps the last time I went there I forgot my smile,and it's sitting there in lost & found waiting for me! Ah, well... It will have to stay awhile longer. :)


These last few days have been... interesting. There's a gentleman who has been interested in conversing with me, and to be honest, I didn't even think he knew who I was! It was surprising, actually, when he asked if I would talk to him. I was confused as to why he wanted to talk to ME. It was an "out of the blue" request. But he's very nice, and I'm excited to have a new friend!

Plus, with Thanksgiving over, we're right on the cusp of another Christmas season. Christmas is my favorite holiday, normally, but I've been pondering this Christmas as of late, and well... that will be another post for another day. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Visit your happy place. Bring joy to your life, and don't lose your smile! Tolerable living is not a way to live. It's giving in. Set a goal & change your circumstances. That's what I'm trying to do! So maybe, as I do those things and work to be better, I'll have a chance to visit my happy place again someday.