This is Bert.
He's a French Bulldog who owns a girl named Stephanie.
She has a pillow made of Bert (you can see it in the back,) and also a purse.
I LOVE Bert! I love his cute face, his little personality - I love everything about him!
I want a Bert. :)
Here's my soapbox about a dog.
I don't have my own place, so I have been forbidden to have one.
I don't have a super good paying job so I probably can't afford one.
I work long, crazy hours, so I won't see it often.
You know what?
I don't care.
I happen to be a very resourceful person. If my dog needed to be walked or have play time, sleep would have to wait. If he gets sick or needs attention, I'll find the money to make him well. And I'm awesome enough that having a dog not in my own house would be a non-issue. Heck, I have 2 birds I take care of now, and one of them isn't even mine!
But you can't walk birds.
You can't cuddle with birds & know they love you.
Birds are snotty and bite your fingers because you have to move them off the food bowl in order to fed them.
I just really want a dog. I have no husband, no boyfriend, no best friend...
I have no kids, no one who relies on me, who needs my support, who loves me unconditionally just because I'm there...
I want to have a reason other than work or laundry to have to get off my bed. I want someone who will lay on my bed and cuddle with me, even if I have to keep a lint roller nearby. I want a dog!
I like bulldogs. French, English; they're both adorable. I think Frenchies are cute because of their ears. I LOVE their little bat ears. Some people don't like them because they have little squishy faces. So what? I do! Every bulldog I have had the pleasure of meeting has had the best, happiest personalities! They just make my heart happy!
Now, don't get me wrong, I like all sorts of dogs; And truly, it's the personality more than the breed that makes a dog adorable. But you need to have a starting point in finding one, and a bulldog is where I start.
Honestly, I think about wanting a dog a lot. I picture in my mind someone giving me a dog, because they know I want one, because they love me, because they know it will make me happy... And without fail, every single time, I cry. Not just cry- bawl. The flood of emotion that I get from picturing that scenario is so amazing! It would be the greatest thing in the world to be given a dog. The greatest memory I would have! Maybe that's why it makes me cry. It's a wish that I know will probably never happen.
But how I hope it will!
