5.19.2012

The Finder

One of my very most favorite things to do is find things for people.  Not just anything, but things they don't even realize they want, or that they have been looking for for years.  For example, my brother-in-law's brother had been looking for an album for many years.  I found 3 copies, and my brother-in-law was able to present his brother with an awesome gift!  Another time, I had a friend who told me of a favorite Happy Meal toy.  Through his description I was able to track down the toy & buy it as a gift!  That particular experience turned to sh*t, but still, the process of finding & getting was so exciting!

So now I have a new thing to find...

Last night I was trolling the internet, and decided to see if I could find out anything about this guy:


This is my teddy bear.  His name is Crier. (Posing with blog model extraordinarie, Hippie.) I've had him longer than I can remember.  Many pictures of myself with him exist.  By the time he came into my possession, he no longer had any fur.  Now, he hardly even has fabric (you can see his strings on his little foot.)

So I started snooping, and... I hit research GOLD!

I found out that this little guy is a Knickerbocker Pouting Bear, from the Pouting Animal Series.  He was made in 1959.  I found ones that were big, and some small.  I found a few with tan bellies, striped bellies and I even saw one that was covered in white fur!  But then I found this picture.  THIS is what Crier used to look like:



So now the search begins.  A search to find something for myself.  I don't want to find this little bear to replace my Crier- that would be IMPOSSIBLE! But more, to see what he was before he was loved to furless and stringy.

I've had many people offer to fix Crier; to recover him.  IF I ever let that  happen, I want to see what he was like before, and not just randomly pick fabric to fix him.  So my search begins.  I want to find one.

I need to.