1.29.2014

Birthday Extravaganza

Back in the summer, my best friend had a birthday.
 
I asked him what he wanted to do, and if he wanted to be in charge of it, or if he wanted me to do it.
 
He said he had never really had someone do anything for him, so I was given the task of preparing a Birthday Extravaganza!
 
I researched, asked questions, planned for weeks, got directions, bought items, dropped hints, and told everyone I knew about how excited I was for the Birthday Extravaganza!
 
It was a lot of fun.  I took some pictures.  We had a great time...
 
 
Now, several months later, I have begun another spin around the sun.
There was no planning for my day.  No questions, no surprises.  No best friend.
 
My day was quiet, and normal.  But, overall, it was a nice day.
 
I got texts from my brother and sisters.  I even got a video song from my nieces and nephew.
I got birthday wishes from my parents and a hug from my mom.
I had a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung to me by my Dad, and reiterated by my grandma.
I got a few Facebook well wishes, and one on Instagram and Twitter.
My boss bought me a little cake with cherries, and a couple of people came to eat a piece.
The cast found out (somehow) it was my special day, and I got several hugs!
I got some flowers from my sister, and a neat plant from some long time friends/neighbors.
 
And after a 10 hour work day, filled with e-mails, tasks, auditions, laundry, shows, and all normal things in life, I now end my very own birthday extravaganza with a salad I splurged and bought, and now... share with my cat.

 

So, birthday extravaganza's come in different ways.  My birthday was nice.  It was normal and quiet.
I'm grateful for the people that thought of me.  It's nice to know you're thought about, in a pleasant way.

And so begins my next trip around the sun.

Happy Birthday to me.