12.09.2008

Hiatus

I am back home for Christmas! Horray!

Before I left, I had a day and a half to do nothing before I was picked up, so I decided to take a little walk around campus and take a couple pictures of fun things! Really, I only took a couple pictures. But here they are!

So, last weekend was the big USC/UCLA football game. Those of you who know me know I was sitting by the TV with baited breath to find out the outcome of the game... yeah, right. Honestly, I totally forgot about the game, until I saw that the Bruin Bear was "hibernating." There is a lot of rivalry between USC and UCLA, so every year they lock down the mascot to avoid possible issues... USC does the same thing. :) Here's the bear the way he appears for the few weeks around the game:



The outcome: UCLA was destroyed! The funny thing for me was I was sitting in the cafeteria after the game and saw a bunch of people coming in to eat with their faces painted, and everyone wearing blue and gold... Then I looked down at my outfit... Red and Black. Ha! Ha!

The second picture I took because it struck me as funny. You can't see the writing, but someone wrote on the wall of this brick structure "Diagon Alley." When I looked at the wall, I thought, "It DOES look like the entrance to Diagon Alley!" So I took a picture. Who knew the wizarding world was so close!



I got picked up on sunday and brought home. It was fun to show off my school and VERY nice to get home in a two hour trip instead of the normal 4 to 5 hours it has been taking me. *sigh*

Well, I am sure I will have some fun stuff to post soon, but this is all for now! :)