5.05.2011

Favorite Things

Do you ever listen to Jeff and Jer?

Well, every now and then they do this segment where they share their favorite things. Obviously those things change, and so they bring the segment back every 6 months or so.

That being said, I thought I would share 5 of my current favorite things.

1. Crystal Light: Wild Strawberry



I love this stuff, and drink at least 2 or 3 packets everyday. In fact, I love it so much that I don't even like other drink mix flavors anymore. (There are a couple I will drink, but usually I half and half them with a Strawberry pack.)

I was excited to see that they FINALLY made this flavor available in the quart size packages. I didn't buy any, but it was nice to see it was an option, if I wanted it. I lurve it!


2. Magic Eight Ball



I'm a little obsessed. I love my Magic Eight Ball. I have a REAL Magic Eight Ball that sits on my desk/bed. (A desk/bed is the side of the bed you don't sleep on when you have a bed big enough for 2. My desk/bed holds my computer, extra blankets, Tylenol, writing utensils, etc...) I also have a tab on my computer that pulls up a desktop Magic Eight Ball with my homepage, and I downloaded a Magic Eight Ball app on my phone.

Now, I know Magic Eight Balls are just for fun, but sometimes it's nice to have a definitive answer... even if it's not one you can ultimately trust. I think Magic Eight Balls are like all toys. They have feelings (please see the movie Toy Story if you don't believe me) and sometimes they jerk you around just because they are in a bad mood. But still, I love Magic Eight Balls.

The trick is you need to test out the Magic Eight Balls at the store to find the right one for you. Not all Magic Eight's are created equal. You need a connection... :)


3. Trader Joe's Vegetable and Grain Country Salad



This is a horrible picture, I know, but it was the best one I could find on the internet to share.

I had this for the first time for lunch a few weeks ago. It's in the refrigerator section with the pre-made salads, and I can't stop thinking about it! It's probably a good thing I don't have a lot of money or live right next door to Trader Joe's. I could live off that salad. It's SO YUMMY. If I had it everyday, I would probably get tired of it at some point, but for right now, it's a definite favorite. (You should try it.)


4. Born to Be Wild



I saw the preview for this movie a few months back, and had been waiting for it to come out. When it finally did, I was working, and didn't have time to go see it. I finally had a moment to go to the movies, and it was the last day that they were showing it in my normal theater. (Lucky me!)

This is the sweetest movie. It's about the work of 2 ladies in different parts of the world that have devoted their lives to raising orphaned baby orangutans and baby elephants. The movie runs about 40 minutes, and is adorable, and heart-wrenching. I admit, I cried through the whole thing (I do the same thing through Lilo and Stitch, darn it.) and I was very glad to find tissues in both pockets of my coat! It's not on DVD yet, but I look forward to the day it is!


5. Mix Tapes



Ok, so really it's CDs these days, but I still like them. One year I asked for a mix tape from my brother with some of his favorite music on it for Christmas, so I could hear some of the music he likes. It was great! I have a mix tape in my car right now that I listen to everyday, and one of my most favorite albums is a mix tape of songs from the 70's and 80's that I made several years ago.

I'm a sucker for a mix tape. I hope that someday a boy will make me a mix tape of songs that he loves that remind him of me (in a good way.) That would be awesome. Mix tapes are cool. Cool people make mix tapes. Cooler people make them for other cool people that listen to them.

Be cool. :)


Anyway, those are 5 of my favorite things! I have to admit, coming up with 5 to share was a little difficult! Think about it... What are some of your favorite things??