Why is it that when you try to do something good for yourself, something bad follows right behind?
Case in point: I just got home from my 1 rehearsal for the week (yeah!) and checked my e-mail.
E-mail #1 - From LIVESTRONG.com: 3 Nutrition secrets to help you lose weight NOW!
The e-mail that came directly after?
E-mail #2 - Sees.com: Last call for Mother's Day Savings!
(I have a feeling one of the lose weight now secrets is NOT to buy discounted chocolate...)
So, as mentioned above, I just got home from rehearsal. A couple of weeks ago I made an appointment with my bank to get some financial planning help, and the appointment is coming up very soon. They were supposed to e-mail some paperwork, but I never received it. A week went by... no paperwork. So I called.
I got a voicemail.
So, I left a message with my name, home address and plea to please send me the paperwork so I could be ready in time.
Still no mail.
I was going to call AGAIN last night, but lo and behold, the bank lady called me! I was driving at the time, so couldn't really talk, but I was able to quickly interject a need for the paperwork which I STILL had not received. She said she would try to e-mail it again, and confirmed my e-mail address...
...needless to say, I am still waiting for the e-mail, more than 24 hours later.
Then I came home tonight and saw a thick envelope laying on the kitchen table from my bank.
I knew it was FINALLY my paperwork.
(I have since open said letter, and can confirm that my suspicion was correct.)
The only problem?
It was addressed to RAQUEL ESTEBAN.
I am not Raquel Esteban.
...perhaps this is why I have not been receiving my bank e-mails...?
It gives me great confidence in my financial institution that they know me...
personally.
weirdos. :)