1.03.2009

A year without chocolate...

is over!

Happy New Year! So, here I am, back at school getting ready to start new classes on monday. I had an excellent Christmas break, and look forward to having fun classes this winter (fingers crossed!)

Are year without chocolate, you say? Yes! My New Year's resolution for 2008 was to not eat any chocolate (or cookies) for a whole year! I did ok on the cookies - I remember every cookie I ate, and can count them on both hands - but I did not eat a single lick of chocolate! You would be surprised how many things have chocolate in them when you are trying to avoid it! But, now the year is over, and I have moved on to a new goal! Here's a picture of me eating my first piece of chocolate in over a year. What kind of chocolate did I pick? Homemade fudge!



So how was my first chocolate? Ok. It makes me realize that I can live without the chocolate, and it's easy to pass on. It's just nice to not have to if I want some. :)

My new goal for 2009 is a little cliche. I want to get in better shape! I have actually already started working on it. I have been running for about a month now, and will figure out the whole gym thing here at school in the next few days. I just want to look trimmer, and get in a smaller size of clothing. For myself only. I have no one else to impress at this point! Granted, getting in better shape and being able to eat chocolate again don't necessarily go hand in hand...

As I said, I am back at school. Right now, I am the only one of my roommates who have come back. I guess that's fair. I was the first one gone for the holidays, and now I'm the first one back. It was nice to be able to unpack without someone else trying to do the same thing at the same time. I think it will be less stressful for my roommate tomorrow as well.

I brought 2 new pieces of "furniture" back to my room with me! The first is a picture my sister had made for me for Christmas. I originally tried to hang it on the wall above my bed. It comes down about a foot before the window alcove starts and I wanted to put it there, but I couldn't get my hook in the wall. So, currently it is hanging above my desk. Here's a picture!



If I can get a nail or something I will move it back over my bed where I wanted it originally!
My second new piece of furniture? A mini fridge! It's cute, and I put some picture magnets on the front. Plus, mom filled it with yummy goodness! This is especially good because the cafeteria doesn't open until tomorrow night! I think I will need to decorate my fridge a little more, and then maybe I will take a picture...
Lastly for today: Since I currently have nothing to do, I decided to work on my FAFSA for the 2009-2010 school year. You can start working on it on January 1st, and I found out last year that when you do it early, you get rewarded! This last school year I got a $7,000 scholarship for turning it in early! That was good, because I made enough moeny in 2007 that I didn't qualify for anything else! However, my 2008 FAFSA (financial aid) so far says, "You are POOR! We can help!"
It takes a few days to process the FAFSA, but so far it looks like I might get a Pell Grant. That's the best kind... I don't have to pay it back!! Woo Hoo!!
Anyway, that's it for now. All the excitement will start up again in two days - so I'm off to bask in the glory of boredom until then!