1.29.2009

Sweet 33

Today is my birthday!

It has been a nice week (with the exception of getting my bad quiz back on tuesday) leading up to my "special day."

I briefly mentioned that I got to go to Disneyland last saturday with my sister Shannon. It was a lot of fun! She came and picked me up from school on friday and we went to Anaheim. (Not an easy - or fast - trip on a friday night!)

Shannon had reserved a hotel room across the street from the park at a small hotel called The Annabella. It was nice. All the buildings were named after different places in California. We thought we would be in the San Diego building, but we ended up being in the next building over. I forget which one. Still, nice.

On saturday, it rained in the morning. I hoped it would rain all day and keep the park empty, but after the first hour and a half it stopped and never came back. Still, the park wasn't too crowded and was not too hot or too cold. We were able to ride on A LOT of rides. One of them was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. It stopped in the middle, and I kept hitting one of the targets. I ended up with over 244,000 points! I tried to e-mail the picture to myself, you know- proof, but it never came... **sigh**

Still, it was a fun day! When it was over (we closed down the park) we came back to UCLA and Shannon stayed the night. The next morning she left and went home. It was a fun weekend! I took some more pictures of the castle. One during the day, and one at night. Here they are for your enjoyment!



Please feel free to use them as wallpaper on your desktops. I did! :)



As I said at the top, today is my birthday! I has been a lovely and quiet day. I decided I was not going to do any homework today, and that my only "mandatory" thing to do was go to class.

I woke up at 9am, and had Cocoa Krispies for breakfast. Then I read a book until lunch. I went to the cafeteria for lunch. (I usually don't go, I instead go to the little cafes nearer to my room.) I had chicken wonton soup and tuna salad. Yum!

Afterward, I came back to my room and read until I had to go to campus. I worked a little on my Stage Management stuff, and went to class. It was a fun class! I always like my Musical Theater class - even if I stink at the quizzes. The icky part, we had another quiz today! Ugh! I hope I get a better grade than on the last one! I also think I should get to sing for a better gradee...

When I was done, I came back to my room, and then off to dinner. Usually I eat with my roommates, but they were both busy tonight. I had pizza, spagetti (sp?), and salad. While I was there, EVERYONE decided to call at the same time! It was funny! Mom and Dad called, and while I was talking to them, Dad and Pama called. I called them back, and while I was talking to them, Shannon and Laura called. I called Laura back, and while I was talking to her, Jo Anne called. I called Shannon back - voicemail - and then called Jo Anne. Right when I hung up? Jilana called. Danielle, Shane and Tarah all talked/texted me earlier in the day. It was fun!

When I got back to my room, I had cake! Here's Hippie with my birthday cake.



I also got presents! When Shannon came up, she brought presents from home.



I got some cards too! One from the Moehle's, and one from my friend J'me!



Shannon bought me a hat at Disneyland. I didn't open it until today. It was such a surprise! ...
It's the softest hat EVER. I say it's so soft it makes my ears sleepy. I love it. I was too big for Hippie to model...


Here's my open presents! I got a paper cutter, and two books! All things I wanted! I loved my presents!
Not pictured, but still a present I got, is a train ticket home from Dad for President's weekend! We are going to celebrate my birthday at Pama's house then. It will be like celebrating my birthday all over again!


So, that was my day! I will probably continue my reading celebration this weekend. All my roommates will be leaving so I will be by myself. My Aunt Becky and cousin Tarah may stop by on saturday as well, so that will be fun.
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and the great day!