Let me preface this blog by saying that there is a reason I do not have a comment section on my blog. If you read it, and feel the need to contact me about it, don't.
That's not the point.
...and you will be ignored.
'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'
True enough.
But what if it is broken? What if you try to fix it, but it just never works quite right?
At what point do you walk away?
It’s amazing how one small decision can affect the lives of so many people. It’s the butterfly effect. Your decision can devastate the life of someone you never even knew. It can change them forever – good or bad.
So what if that decision is taken back? Does it counteract the damage, or make it worse? I would say it only makes it worse, and harder in the long run. There’s a reason the decision was made in the first place. There’s a reason it didn’t work. It couldn’t be fixed, so you walked away.
All going back is going to do is delay the inevitable, cause more heartache and prolong the unhappiness of all those affected. It’s wrong.
The problem, is that going back is comfortable. It’s a known, a given. Even if it’s not ideal, it’s easier than stepping out and finding something new. It’s less scary. I mean, what if I step out; walk away from the known, only to find that the known was the best I was ever going to get? What if settling for what I had is the most I can hope for?
It’s not.
I’m not saying that the journey into the unknown is going to be easy. Nothing worth having comes easily. But to justify NOT taking the journey will not only turn out to be a bad idea, but it will stunt your progression, cause resentment and eventually make the broken shards of what you are again trying to fix so fine and so sharp that you can never get away from them.
Justify is just a lie. A lie used to cover up a bigger problem. It’s broken because for better or worse, it’s not meant to be.
I wish that people wouldn’t just look, but see. Not just listen, but hear.
Actions and words are equally as powerful and can devastate a life. Judging without knowing, assuming without finding out, thinking you understand when you never took the time to explore in the first place, can make something that has the potential of being wonderful, good and true; become worthless – less than nothing.
And in the meantime? You’re still stuck with the problem. You’ve settled. You’ve become everything you’ve observed and feared.
So how do you fix it…?
Leap.
It will be hard. It will be scary. It will hurt like hell.
But it will be worth it.
I may stop blogging for awhile. We’ll see. I seem to be stuck in the mire, and help is too far away to hear, and see. Too busy trying to fix something several times broken.
Instead, I’m broken.
…But what can you do?