So, I decided that since we are officially one quarter of the way done with 2011, that I should take a moment to reflect upon my New Year's resolutions and see what (if any) progress I have made!
You, dear reader, are privy to this reflection.
But first, a few things from this last week!
So, I got a wee bit of money from my stint at The Globe. Not a lot, but enough to pay for a few half tanks of gas and my phone bill.
One of the bills I got at the bank was a 1977 fifty dollar bill... almost as old as me!
Now, if you have access to one of the newer fifties, take it out. Examine it.
Then look at this one...
What a difference! I like my classic fifty. If I didn't have to spend it, I would keep it. :)
Next, I had to go to the post office to drop off a couple of letters. I don't know why, but I found it a little creepy that someone left a random box next to the mail box, when the post office is only a few yards away with a package slot. Seems odd. Why leave your package out where just anyone can take it...? Unless it's NOT a package???
Creepy packages late at night: not appreciated.
Moving on...
So, my sister, brother-in-law and their kids have been here for the last week. They are leaving before the butt crack of dawn tomorrow. Since arriving, I have had my eldest niece and the family dog sleeping on my floor.
This is a picture of the dog's blanket...
...with the dog underneath. He likes to burrow. It's very funny. If you don't know he's there, you could easily step on him. He's cute, but I'll be glad to NOT have to get up at 4:30 every morning to let him out. Plus, last night he was kind enough to gift me a slug... which I found by stepping on it!
Ick.
Earlier this week we went to the Wild Animal Park (Currently calling itself the Safari Park, but whatever.) They had a baby elephant born at the park in December. How cute he is! There are actually several tiny elephants there right now, and another due to arrive in the fall. Good thing I have a zoo pass!
My sister and her family have passes as well. They went to the zoo last monday. I told them they should go see the baby hippo that was born in January. I guess it wasn't out for viewing though...
Then on Wednesday my little sister showed up to spend the next two weeks here visiting before she goes home and has her second daughter. I spent part of today with her little girl on my lap reading books and watching "Imagination Movers" on the Disney Channel (which always requires ample amounts of M&M's while watching...)
Well, I got a fancy new phone (because - though I wasn't necessarily ready for it - my other phone stopped ringing) and I let Haley push the picture button to take our picture.
This was the result!
But it was kind of dark, so I let her take a second one...
She is a GREAT talker for only being 2, and she cracks me up! Earlier this evening she donned my mother's gardening hat, and slippers.
Pictures were taken.
She kind of reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake.
That would be a cute Halloween Costume!
Other than that, this last week has been filled with visiting and eating. I feel very rolly-polly right now. In the last 24 hours I have been to Hometown Buffet, Souplantaion AND Filippi's Pizza.
I am STUFFED!
I'll probably be good until the fair in June...
Probably.
Anyway, on to my quarterly reflection...
New Year's Resolutions:
1. Finish Surgery. DONE. As far as I know, I see no surgery in my immediate future. (Knock on wood.)
2. Get a Job. DONE. I start monday, and I'm both excited and a little scared. I hope I like it. I hope they like ME. ...and I hope I do well enough that I get a big raise quickly so I can...
3. Find someplace to live. Working on it. Now that I have a job, I need a few months to get my feet under me, and save a deposit, first/last month's rent, etc... But it will happen this year.
4. Eat healthier. This one is a little tricky. I'm trying. Somedays are better than others. I eat a lot more salad. But you know, then there are days where you go to Hometown Buffet, Souplantation AND Filippi's...
...oh yeah, I had frozen yogurt too. Crap.
5. Learn to use coupons. Ok, this is the one that has gone by the way side. I started out really good doing the coupon thing, but then I realized that clipping and using coupons really only works when you have money to buy the stuff you have coupons for. I've been unemployed, and poor so it seemed dumb to keep clipping coupons. When I have money, and move out, coupons will be a necessity. I'll learn about coupons when that happens. :)
So, that's what has happened, and what has been happening!
You know what's weird? This is the beginning of an ACTUAL weekend. I have to go to work on monday!
CRAZY!!!!