I'm a working girl now. :)
I started my new job yesterday.
I had to get up really early.
Well, for me...
In the past, I used to have to be at work between 5:30am and 6:00am.
Then I went to school, did theater stuff, was unemployed...
Early became 10am.
Now I'm at a compromisable wake-up time...
6:07am
With one (maybe two) slaps to the snooze...
Ok, so I took the freeway to work yesterday, and surface streets home. I flipped that today. Yesterday took forever to get home, today it took forever to get to work.
Moral: Surface streets suck.
Onto my job!
I'm liking my job so far! I work in the safety department of a moving company. Safety includes driver safety, customer safety, and equipment safety. That means we deal with everything from equipment maintenance to new hire background and drug testing.
Right now, since I am only beginning to scratch the surface of understanding, it's VERY overwhelming. Lots of codes, programs, spreadsheets...
I'm enjoying the learning, and being busy; But I'll be happier when I also understand.
I'd also be happier if I wasn't sitting in a freezer box! There is an A/C vent between my cubicle and the one behind me. The lady that sits in the other cubicle blocked the vent, so all the air rains down upon me. Brrrrr! No hoodies are allowed in the dress code, so I will be on the hunt for a clearance sweater I can permanently keep at work once I get my first paycheck!
The important thing in that story is the word CUBICLE. Yes! I have my own cubicle! I took a picture for you to see. It was during my lunch, so that's why there's a puzzle book out. I swear, I wasn't goofing off on work hours! (I have to have something to grow into...) :)
I also have some fun shelves in my cubicle!
I'm trying to decide what kind of stuff I want to put on them. I also have a small list going of things I want to bring for my space. (A sweater is on the list.) I'll have to look through all my knick knacks and decide what makes the cut.
I was hoping to find a small calendar to put on my wall... something on sale, since it's April. Well, NO GO. By April, all the new year calendars are gone. The 18 month calendars are out, and don't start until July. Boo.
You know what else? I'm glad it's the simple things in life that make me happy. Today, I was told to pull a bunch of files for people that needed their information updated. The files are pulled by branch. (There are 9 branches of the company in the US.) So, I have to bundle all the files together by branch... with THESE!!!
Gigundous Orange Rubber Bands! They're amazing. I put my pen next to them so you could appreciate how truly big they are. They make my paperwork look important. I love them! :)
So, two days... Not a lot of knowledge yet, but lots of learning and simple pleasures! I think I'm gonna have fun here.
Only thing it's missing?
A sweater.