9.22.2011

Elephant Appreciation



Today was another obscure holiday celebration day:

ELEPHANT Appreciation Day!!

Now, if you know me (or if you have read the caption to the right of my posts) you know that I have always had a soft spot in my heart for elephants. They're cute, they're intelligent, they're amazing and I just like them!

I have a few elephants that I have collected over the years, and this being a day to appreciate elephants, I thought I would introduce you to them!


Oh! But first, look at this cute elephant! (He's a business card holder!)



He belongs to my doctor. I don't know this little guy's name, but I have a feeling that he doesn't have one. So I'm calling him Harrington; after his owner. :)


I got this cute little guy probably 10 years ago at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I went into the gift shop by the exit to look around, and there he was - cute as can be, sitting on a shelf by himself. He had to be mine! He doesn't have a name per se... I just call him "The Baby."




This next one came with a name, and isn't technically an elephant, but he counts all the same! This is Lumpy. He's a heffalump! Obviously he was obtained at Disneyland. He's sooooo cute, and sooooo soft. You can't help but love him!!




My last elephant to share tonight is a cute little guy I got this last year for Christmas. I named him Hooter, after the little elephant guy in Captain EO. Something about him reminds me of the elephant in the movie, and I've always liked that movie. (I'm glad it's back at Disneyland. I hope that someday I get to go back!)




So, those are some of the elephants I love and kiss and appreciate on Elephant Appreciation day! Hooray!!



** In other news, I have had a lot of opportunities lately to meet some amazing people. There really are nice people in the world, and I am so happy to have so many of them in my life! There is one person inparticular that I admire. He's SO COOL, and I really, really like him. I like them all! I'm so LUCKY!