9.06.2011

Labor Day Adventure

What a day!

I had an opportunity to go on a bike ride today. It's the first one I have been on since my class a week ago.

It was SO MUCH FUN! We went down the 56 and came back through Mira Mesa - around 20 miles. There were two large hills, and I'm not yet strong enough to get up either of them completely, but it was good to see where my starting point is on trying to beat them!

It rained a bit, so we (myself & the 4 people I went with) all came back with mud and dirt covering ourselves and our bikes. It was kind of fun being a little dirty. :)

Now I just need to find someone willing to help me figure out more about my gears, and eventually I'll want to guidance on buying clip pedals and shoes.

On the plus side, I'm on my way to making some new friends, and meeting people who are kind, enjoy spending time with me, and are patient with my learning. It's refreshing!

Have a good short work week. They always seem to be longer than a regular week, so I wish you a fast four days!