9.22.2011

New Terrain






A couple of months ago I went to the Apple store and got the Nike+ sensor to track my walks. I also purchased a fun pair of light Nike+ shoes. Then, as tends to be the case, my schedule changed, and I no longer had the time to walk.

But, I have remedied that! I have begun walking on my lunch breaks at work! Usually I can walk somewhere between 3 & 4 miles during my break, and I am enjoying the diversity of routes I can take in that time.

My first walk took me from work, down through the mall to Genessee and back north and east to work. Today I walked down Miramar & Noble to Judicial and back to work. It's kind of fun to see how far out I can walk, and still make it back in the hour that I have. It's also interesting to see the businesses and beautiful places close to where I work!

Anyway, if you are interested in tracking your routes, your times, your calories, or if (like me) you just like looking at the map with the little red line where you walked, go get a pair of Nike+ shoes and the sensor! It's a lot of fun!

...and, if ever you want to walk with me, I usually take lunch between 1:30 & 1:45. :)