I actually braved traffic, hills and potholes, and came home unscathed! The hills were hard, but the burning in my thighs felt good. I need to get better though. The burning in my chest from the shallow breathing on the hills does NOT feel good. Luckily, the wind on the downhills makes it all worth it! (Even if I do have to ride my brakes!)
My ride was about 25(ish) miles. (I don't yet have an odometer.) I rode down Black Mountain, through Mira Mesa & Sorrento Valley, up the street by the freeway and back home via the 56 bike trail. I was VERY tired when I got home.
A lot of people, when they ride take gel packs or gel cubes with them for energy. I had a strawberry nutrition bar with me, and a bottle of water, but that's it. Luckily though, a box came for me today in the mail!

This is called Carb Boom! It's an all natural energy gel pack that you can put in the pocket on the back of your shirt for that little boost of energy you might need on a long ride. My friend Ron told me about them. He said they were the only kind he liked. You can't buy them in the store, you have to order them, so I got a box. I didn't order them blindly though! Ron brought me one to try sometime back, and it was DELICIOUS!! It was Apple Cinnamon, and tasted like the filling inside a Hostess Apple Pie. Yum!
Anyway, I just thought I'd share! The rest of this week, and next week will be crazy, so I wanted to get one - maybe two - more posts in before I leave.
So, try Carb Boom! if you get a chance, or do some activities that require the extra energy! You'll be glad you did!