So...
If you didn't catch on to the drama that became my life last friday, then read the last post. Here's the continuing saga & update.
I spent the weekend - a very LONG weekend - on clot watch. I was made to take baby aspirin morning and night (this is still happening) as well as keep cold packs on my leg and basically be watched like a hawk. Shortness of breath? 911!
Today I had another appointment at the doctor. He looked over my leg, and they believe I have passed the possibility of clot! Hurray! My leg DOES feel better than last friday, though it is still uncomfortable. I figure it will take a few days... kind of like everything else I'm going through right now.
On the plus side, I got my second drain out today. I am officially attachment-less! I'm very excited because it means I can take a shower tomorrow (they like you to wait 24 hours to allow the holes to seal up a bit) and leave the sponge baths behind! They also snipped all the long stitch strings, and replaced the surgery tape on my belly with new tape. That was kind of exciting. I got to "see the results," or at least the preliminary results. I'm still a little puffy, but even knowing that, I have no elephant thighs, and my belly is FLAT. Seriously, if I ever meet someone who wants to marry me, we probably won't be able to have kids, because my belly skin is so tight that I don't think there's any room for a baby to grow! I'll also admit - I'm looking forward to being able to try on shorts!
I still have open wounds in my groin, and another two weeks of surgery tape and stitches to live through on my belly, but after that, I think I will be far enough along in the healing process that I can get out and get a job! As it is, I was told I could drive as soon as I am done taking the Vicodin - which will be wednesday morning - just in time to drive on Thanksgiving (luck permitting.)
Honestly, I just want to go to the movies. Not sure what is out right now, but I know I want to see "Love & Other Drugs." It looks cute... and maybe a little sad. But I love romantic comedies, and it looks like it could be comedic (in areas) so I think I would enjoy it. Everyone has to work, and I can't yet, so I'll probably find an hour or two to sneak away and see it. :)
In the meantime, I have spent many, many, MANY hours hanging out on my bed. It's currently a love-hate relationship. I'm going stir crazy! I thought I would add this small movie to my entry today to give everyone a smile. My favorite Seasame Street character is Grover (not to be confused with favorite Muppet, Fraggle, etc.) Here is a video my sister posted on her Facebook page which I thought was funny and wanted to share.
If I don't get a chance to post again before Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a wonderful and happy holiday! You deserve every happiness life has to offer, and I hope this holiday brings you that joy... as a preamble to Christmas!
Cheers!