11.14.2010

In Stone

I've been sitting here in bed uncomfortable and unable to sleep for several days which has given me a lot of time to think. I have come up with a plan, and have decided to put it in print, with the hope that doing so will keep me motivated to get it done!

So here it is: I need to be a grown up. Yup. I've finally decided I need to figure out this whole being on my own thing. Once I get to a point where I can sit comfortably, drive, and get going with life, I NEED to get a job. I figure I need to make $22 - $25 dollars an hour to afford a studio/1 bedroom apartment, bills, student loans and car upkeep. If I can't find a job with that wage, I need to find two jobs.

I don't need anything fancy by way of living. Like I said, a studio or one bedroom apartment. I want to live on my own. I want to learn how to keep my own house, and create my own traditions. If I could find one, I would even be happy being a long-term house-sitter. I would still be on my own, still have to pay bills, but I would be able to help maintain a house that might otherwise be sitting empty - you know, like if the owners recently passed away, or moved and haven't decided to rent it out yet, but don't want it to sit empty and be vandalized... If I find an apartment, I only need enough room for me. I'd like to have a place to park my car, and a washer and dryer, but other than that, I have no desires. Maybe just that it is someplace semi-safe, since I'll be alone...

I have 2 resumes, and neither one of them have been wonderful in getting return phone calls. I think I'll spend the next few days in bed working on trying to figure out how to fix it up so it will work for me. My problem is that my work experience is so varied that it confuses people. I no longer have time for confusion. I need a JOB.

My goal is to be in my own place by the end of April. I'll have to give up movies. Disneyland is already out. No christmas presents - I couldn't afford them this year anyway - and no little extras. I need to STAY FOCUSED. I need to work my butt off. I need to find work to be able to do that. I'm frustrated that I am in a position that I can't get going on it RIGHT NOW. But I will.

In the meantime, here are two new surgery pictures. These are the tubes sewn into my skin on the right and left side. maybe I'll get the drains out in the morning... maybe not. Who knows??

Left Side Drain:



Right Side Drain:



So, if you know of anyone that knows of a job, or a cheap, semi-safe place to live, or of someone who needs a long-term house-sitter, keep me in mind. If you don't, STAY OUT OF MY WAY, 'cuz this goal is set in stone!