I need to remember my poor little body has limits.
I just had major surgery 9 days ago. Anesthesia, breathing tubes, the whole bit. This is the third time I've put my body through this in 8 months. Eventually, it's gonna fight back...
This is my newest piece of jewelry:

The last few days I have had pain in my knee during the night. Enough that it has woken me up. Last night, the pain moved to my ankle. I shouldn't have been so surprised when I woke up this morning and almost collapsed because I couldn't hold any weight on my left foot. I had planned on cancelling my doctor appointment today, and moving it until monday (to get my last drain out) but I ended up keeping it because of the leg pain.
They did some priliminary checking, and decided I might have a blood clot in my leg. If the clot breaks off and goes to your lungs you can have a pulmonary embolism, which is bad.
A clot would require me being admitted to the hospital for a day or two to receive blood thinners to get rid of the clot, but then I would be ok, since they would have caught it so early. So, they stuck me in a wheelchair and took me down for further testing.
They took pictures of the arteries and veins in my legs, and listened to my blood flow. Honestly, I was praying they would find something, so the pain would stop. Obviously, since I'm home, they found nothing... which is also good, but doesn't help the pain.
I admit it. I'm having a rough and frustrating day. I actually have a very high threshold for pain, so when I say it hurts, I mean it. It's frustrating when they can't find out why. Plus, now it's hurting all the way up into my lower back on my left side. AND to add insult to injury, the last time I wandered to the restroom I looked at my drain site and I'm having some major leakage there that I haven't previously had. Enough that it has leaked through 3 pieces of gauze, my underwear and my compression garment.
Today is a BAD DAY.
Perhaps this is my one step back...
That means I'm about due for two steps forward! :)