I was hoping that the TFT annual report would show up in my inbox before I went in for surgery, and that it would have a good picture with it to post...
No such luck.
I go in for surgery in just over 12 hours, and I'm sure everyone working on the report has already gone home for the evening. Oh well. Maybe it will come next week, and I can post it while I am stuck in bed ALL ALONE. :)
In the meantime, I spent today getting my room ready to (once again) recover. I'm glad this is the last procedure. I'm ready to be done. I have not become a plastic surgery addict through this whole process, but I definitely appreciate the results. For the first time in my life I actually like what I see in the mirror! Just a couple more nips and tucks, and everything will be good.
I was trying to figure out why this surgery feels different than the other surgeries I have had this year. I realized that the difference is that I have actually had time to think about it, where the last two times I went in I had finals, graduation, and family around right up until the time I was ready to go under. This time, just about all I have had is time by myself, and hours to think about it. I'm not scared. I have nothing to be scared about. It won't hurt, because I'll be unconscious. If I don't wake up, how will I know? I hope I wake up though. I would hate to have all this money spent on the surgery, just so the outcome is never appreciated.
Speaking of appreciation, I am so thankful that I have had the chance to get all of this done. I've never felt pretty. I've always been the fat girl people vaguely remember. And while I do not believe I need a boy to validate my self-worth, I have never had a boy interested in me enough to think of myself as attractive to the opposite sex. Now, with all this nonsense out of the way, perhaps I have a fighting chance. Like I said, I actually like what I see in the mirror now, and hopefully that reflects in the way I carry myself. I still haven't found a boy interested in being with me, but maybe someday that will happen as well. Only time will tell!
On another note...
Awhile back I talked about the 3DS Max class I took the last quarter at UCLA. It was a hard, time-consuming, and fun class! I am very proud of my final project, and have finally gotten the photo scanned so you can see what we were given, and how it ended up!
So, each person in class was allowed to choose a picture (from photos supplied) and was given the assignment to recreate the picture using 3D Studio Max. We had several projects like this, but this final picture was the hardest. The picture I chose was of the set for "King John" done outside in New York's Central Park at the Delacorte Theater.

To say the picture was intimidating would be an understatement; but I wanted to chose something that would be a bit challenging. Boy was it ever! It took HOURS. DAYS. I finally got the project done around 6 in the morning the day it was due. I was very happy with the final product. I built the entire thing! Every plank, rope, beam and rock. My teacher, Rich Rose, was very impressed, and that gave me little warm fuzzies in my heart.

Anyway, I was happy enough with my project that I wanted to share. Hopefully you have enjoyed looking at it!
I'm off to flip my laundry, finish making my bed, review my pre-op checklist and generally get ready for tomorrow. Really, there's no point in sleeping... I'll be doing a lot of that tomorrow!
Will I have a successful surgery tomorrow?
Magic Eight Ball says:
"It is decidedly so."