1.27.2011

Tales of the Unemployed: Day 4

I. am. tired.

OF PAINTING!

Today I stayed home. I was only a lump on my bed for a little while - like an hour.

But it was after my walk...

...and before I was a lump for an hour on the couch downstairs...

Ok, seriously. Someone turned the parental controls on for the TV downstairs, and I wanted to watch a movie I had taped. It was PG-13. PG-13!!! And the stupid parental controls made it so I couldn't watch my movie. NOT COOL. What am I 12? Hardly. Closer to 12x3!

Anyway, I found something else to veg out to that wasn't blocked until my mom got home to show me what she wanted me to do for her. She asked me last night if I would help her do the cutting in on the walls for painting today. I hadn't yet decided what to do, so I was cool with helping her out.

After my walk, I came home and changed into my paint clothes. I have a very old shirt that used to belong to my dad that I keep for painting. I like it 'cuz it's big, and has a lot of personality... due to paint!



I think the first time I used this shirt for painting was WAAAAY back in high school. (It's much more impressive in person!)

I painted from about 1pm until about 6:30pm, with a stop for an afternoon appointment, and dinner. By 6:30, I had finished the cut work for the area that needed to be done ASAP, so I cleaned up my brushes. Here's what I have done so far:



Tomorrow we will reassess the paint job and see if it needs a second coat. I have a feeling it will. Poop. I don't want to! But I probably will...

In this next picture, you will probably notice a few "designs" on the wall...



The heart is just a heart I drew, and behind the lamp is a smiley face. The circle... was my attempt at trapping a spider crawling up the wall. He got away, but all his little spider friends are somewhere teasing him for his 8 green feet! Sucka!


I did stop at 2:30 for an appointment to get my hair(s) cut. (The 's' is for those people that like to be literal, since I got more than one cut.) I have had the same person cut my hair since I was 18, but she recently got her own salon!



Isn't this sign cute? I actually forgot to take a picture of it when I went for my appointment, so I had to drive back after I cleaned up the paint to take this picture. :)

So, I was debating on how to get my hair cut... I decided the style I previously posted might be a little extreme, and more upkeep than I was willing to keep up with. So then it was a decision of how much hair to get removed. Do I just trim my hair? Hack it off? What will look best?

After a discussion with Beth (the wonderful person who does my hair.) We decided to go with a different style. More layers, a little shorter.

My philosophy on hair: Try it! If you don't like it, it will grow back.

Luckily, I like my new hair cut! It's quite a bit shorter than it was this morning - over my shoulders - but it's fun and makes me look like I have thicker hair than I actually do. Here's a picture!



Yup. I now look like Kate Beckinsale...

...'s adopted short, mexican sister from a previous marriage...


I look nothing like her.


But my hair kind of looks like that.


It was funny. Beth was saying that she would kill to have a more squared jawline like I have. Huh. I always thought that's one of the things that made me look more like my dad than my mom...

Guess it was just the eyebrows...

Anyway, that was my day! Painting, painting, hair cut, painting and this blog. I think tomorrow I am going to try to go to 2 places I have been before, and 2 places that I have never been. I'm not sure where those will be, but by this time tomorrow you and I will BOTH know! :)