1.01.2011

They Say Who You Kiss...

At midnight on New Year's Eve, is who you will spend the rest of the year with...









Actually, it's a good thing I kissed my right hand. I'm kind of attached to it, so it's good that we'll be together for another year. I mean, without it, I can't write, use the shifter in my car, pick my nose properly...

Now my left hand... yeah, we're on the outs currently. I mean, left hand? Sheesh! What good is a left hand?

Just kidding! I'm kind of attached to that one as well. :)


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


It's about an hour and a half into 2011, and I wanted to give Hippie (My Ace Reporter) the credit he is due. Truly, this last year I was a little remiss in keeping up the blog, and Hippie was the victim of lack of "face time." On the plus side, he's all up in the New Year's festivities!!

I spent New Year's alone. Well, alone with Hippie. (...Ok. We'll call our party "exclusive"...)

We started party prep the night before by beginning work on our New Year's Eve meal. I recently obtained a new Light Cooking cookbook, and saw a picture of these cabbage rolls that looked really good. They were called "Barley-Stuffed Cabbage rolls with Pine Nuts & Currants." A short, catchy title, I know. We made the stuffing part the night before, and then New Year's Eve morning we steamed the cabbage, filled the leaves and put them (with the sauce) in the crockpot where it bubbled away for 7.5 hours, leaving our house to swim in the aroma of cooked cabbage...

Really, they turned out good! Next time I make them, I will either use less feta, or try the meatless crumbles. It also needed a bit more salt. Hippie, being a Hippo and therefore a vegetarian, very much enjoyed the meal! Here is a picture of him slobbering all over my plate!



After dinner, we had a short flurry of activity as people came home between dinner plans and party plans. I took the opportunity to take a nice, warm shower. It was great, since it is FRIGID outside! (Like almost in the 30's!)

By the time I got out, everyone was once again gone, so Hippie and I decided to have a New Year's Eve Dance party! He was jumping around so much, that I couldn't get a non-blurry picture of him dancing, so instead I had him pose by the ipod that served as our DJ.



When we were both spent from showing off our dancin' skeelz, we popped in our New Year's Eve party movie of choice (and recent Christmas gift) "Easy A" - A movie that I once again realize is AWESOME. (I lurve it!)

I wore my Old Navy Jingle Jammies. But alas, they do not come in Hippie size, so he had to resort to his regular "no clothes" option. I did, however, give him ample space under our blanket to keep his poor little bare bum warm! We had lots of goodies - Licorice, M-n-N's (M&M's), Cheesy Quakes, Strawberry Crystal Light...

So many choices! Hippie decided not to choose...



And paid the price...



Since we decided to dance party before the movie, we ended up starting the movie late. So when it got to about 5 minutes to midnight, we paused our flick and got ready to ring in the New Year!

Since I'm not supposed to drink carbonated beverages, Sparkling Cider was out. So we had some Simply Apple juice, and a fancy glass!

Yeah, that's how we roll...

At midnight we wished each other a Happy New year, and I took this picture of Hippie - his first of 2011!



When we were done, I kissed his cheek, un-paused our movie and finished our New Year's Eve party...

That's about it.

Hippie was sad to be stuck saddled with only myself for his celebration, but I think he ended up having a good time. He wanted me to pass along his best wishes to everyone in the New Year. He sends kisses to you all!




So, now that it's the New Year, resolutions must be made... so you have something to break later.

My resolutions?

1. Finish surgery.
2. Get a job.
3. Find someplace to live.
4. Eat healthier.
5. Learn to use coupons.

That seems like enough. Anything more than that is pushing it, don't you think? :)

Simple Pleasures...

Have a wonderful first day of 2011, and many more wonderful days beyond!!