Plus, it was either the Perchocet or nothing. They didn't give me a pain prescription for after this procedure. (The nerve!)
So, I have about an hour of lucidity and a half hour of discomfort before I can take my next pill. I figured I would put that time to good use.
(Plus, dinner isn't ready yet.)
The night before surgery was fairly quiet. I was doing laundry, folding clothes, etc., and decided to have one last hurrah before, once again, going into forced seclusion. I took myself to Yogurtland. (I know, twice in one week! CRAZY!)
Not relevant to the story, but I had strawberry and peanut butter yogurt this time. It was ok. I like the tart fruit flavors better.
On the way home, I was watching my odometer. It flipped on Mira Mesa Blvd. near Arby's. I took a picture with my phone. Click!

And then the waiting game began. Eating yogurt, watching the odometer, trying to drive in a straight line, and holding my phone up over the steering wheel, ready take the next picture...
(Oh, if only multi-tasking included additional hands!)
...and then it flipped! Driving on Black Mountain Road... I hit the milestone!
Click!
CRAP! The picture is blurry, and I'm driving off the road! Hurry! Before it changes and I miss it!
Click!

NICE.
Congratulations to my little car! How wonderful you are for being so reliable!
(Knock on wood.)
So then I had to take one more picture, because I like fun numbers on my odometer, and this bookend number will never be seen again.
Click!

The end.
PS: The long awaited post I have mentioned in passing on previous occasions is in the works. Oh, yes. It's happening...
and probably in the next few days...
Which should make it twice as exciting because, well, I'm on drugs. :)
...and currently seizure free... if you were wondering!