
Ok, so remember I said that I was going to celebrate a holiday other than Valentine's Day? Well, today was that day!
(In fact, I had so much fun looking up silly, obscure holidays that I will be celebrating at least one every month for the rest of the year!)
So, what did I do for National Tortilla Chip Day?
Well, last night while looking around on the internet I found a job fair that was taking place down in the valley. So, I got up, got dressed into "Professional Attire," and went to the job fair. It wasn't a complete waste of time...
...in fact, I have an interview for a job tomorrow afternoon. I'm not sure of the pay, and I think it might be part-time, but at this point, anything is good!
Speaking of which, follow-up on the Sea World interview: Yeah, I'll be surprised if I get hired there this year. They restructured the hiring process. I had to take three tests about aspects of technical theater that I have never worked in before. I have worked with those departments, but know nothing about the way the equipment works. So, I don't see me passing those. Oh well. It was fun when I worked there, and maybe it's time for someone else to have fun. :)
Back to my day...
So, after the job fair, I got stuck in that horrible traffic accident on the 15 north. It took FOR-EV-ER to get home. When I did get home, I had a salad for lunch, and then went to Henry's to buy dinner fixin's...
...for National Tortilla Chip Day!
In honor of Tortilla Chip Day, I finally got around to making fresh salsa!

The chilies were intimidating. The recipe said "try not to touch the chilies with your hands, and make sure you wash your hands with soap and water when you're done working with them!" Yikes! I used a serrano and a jalapeno chili. I also washed my hands three times after cutting the chilies...which I wore latex gloves while working with!
All was successful, and my salsa turned out GREAT!

(I'll also admit to buying the yummy serrano salsa at Trader Joe's... just in case my salsa turned out nasty. You can see it in the picture with all my chopped goods.)
But, it wasn't nasty and we had it for dinner with the rest of our "Build Your Own Nachos" dinner extravaganza!

I had beans, homemade guacamole (first time making guacamole as well!), sour cream, salsa, olives, and cheese on my nachos. It was delicious!
As is always true on celebration days, you must also have dessert. So, I also made Buñuelos! If you don't know what buñuelos are, you may be more familiar with "Cinnamon Crisps."

I only made half of my buñuelos with cinnamon and sugar. The other half I made with panocha. Panocha are like brown sugar cones, and you add water, boil them down and turn them into syrup. They're just as good as the ones covered in cinnamon and sugar - just a little stickier.
...and you should wait a little longer to eat them, 'cuz they'll burn your tongue.
Trust me.
I should also mention that though buñuelos look like tortilla chips, they're not actually tortilla chips. But on this most special occasion, I'm making them honorary tortilla chips. :)
I have LOTS left, if you want some.
There's salsa left too.
Happy National Tortilla Chip Day!!!
Oh! I wanted to share one more thing for tonight. So, I went and saw "Just Go With It" last night. The bathing suit scene wasn't even IN the movie! Geez! But all was forgiven when Dave Matthews had the moment with the coconut...
...and that's all I'm gonna say about that! Bawhahahaha!
Anyway, what I wanted to share was a great mash-up song that they used in the film. This video wasn't in the movie, (obviously it was a montage of what was going on in the movie) but this is the song they used. I think this is one of my favorite mash-ups to date! I hope you enjoy it too!
Have a wonderful night! Go get some tortilla chips to watch with this video!