It's so nice to be the younger one...
...you can get away with SO MUCH...
So, today I went out into the world to find a job...
...and came home a little dejected.
I've been REALLY actively looking since Monday. I've applied at all the major theaters in San Diego (The Old Globe, The Playhouse, The Civic...). I've applied with other "entertainment" venues (Sea World, Viejas, TV Stations, Stu Segall...). Today I tried temp agencies. One didn't have anyone in the office that could meet with me (they only see people by appointment) and the other wasn't at the address shown on their website!
Office experienced Stage Managers must not be in high demand...
So, I came home a bit bummed out...
...then the phone rang.
Yesterday morning my Bertos post was mentioned on Jeff and Jer's morning show! That was both shocking, and super cool.
(Thank you to them once again!)
My phone call this afternoon was from my dad. Apparently I was mentioned again this morning. Wow! Jeff and Jer are awesome.
I'm glad they're back on the radio. :)
That made me feel better, but I was still a little unhappy with my employment progress for today, and soon found myself looking at pictures from when I actually had a job in Entertainment; way back before UCLA, American Idol auditions, and my years working in the office...
I scanned a few pictures (because they pre-date digital cameras) for your enjoyment!
A trip down memory lane...
The Main Street Electrical Parade! This was back when it was still at Disneyland. This is not a picture from my first summer, but I definitely had the closest relationship with Bashful...

One summer I drove floats! Here's a picture of my favorite float, with me in it. When I worked Show Support, this was the float I drove most often.

Yes, this is a picture of me! If you own a copy of "The Lion King Celebration" video from Disneyland, the giraffe that shakes his head in the video = me!

Here's my close, personal friend Bashful once again. This is a picture from the epic and long lasting parade known as "Light Magic." (...Light what?)

...and one more picture, just because I think it's cool. I took this picture from on the Lion King float. All the floats can now been seen in the Lion King show at the Animal Kingdom in Florida. But before they went down there, I used to get to climb on them. I like this picture because it's looking out into the park...
...whereas most of the time you see people with pictures taken from the park looking backstage.

So, there you go! Pictures from my time working at Disneyland. I'd love to work there again, but don't want to do the commute thing this time. I'd rather work closer to home (Fourth Generation San Diegan! Holla!), but I'll go wherever I can get a job that will allow me to take care of myself, have a place to live, and pay my bills. :)
Ok, changing the subject...
Did you watch Jeopardy the last few days? They had a computer named "Watson" on playing. It was pretty interesting! On Tuesday night, one of the topics was about Hedgehogs. I think I have mentioned previously that if I could have a unique pet (something other than a dog or cat, that could still fit into your house) I would want a hedgehog. So, for your enjoyment, and in tribute to the hedgehog category this week on Jeopardy, I give you the Boogie Boogie Hedgehog Song...
...to help you pass the time, and lift your spirits! :)
Have a fantastic day!