3.19.2011

No Time

My life right now feels like an episode of Saved By The Bell.

You know, the one where Jessie takes the caffeine pills to stay awake and get everything done...

"Time! Time! There's never any time!"

I get home at night, make my lunch, eat, shower, put on my pajamas and sleep for a few hours before getting up and heading back to The Globe.

So, now that I'm officially there for another week, I can tell you what I'm doing!

Last week, I was there working with an actor cast in the show 3 days before it opened. It was crazy, but fun!

In the meantime, as Groundswell was opening, they were loading in a new play in the larger theater.

Well, guess what?

Someone in THAT play ended up cast last minute as well!


Enter ME!


So, my new show is called Rafta, Rafta



This is the west coast premiere! It's cute, and should be ready by opening night. I'm glad that they cancelled the first preview though. We could use the extra time - as far as line learning is concerned - which is what I am there for...

Until then, the hours are killing me. It's the 10 of 12's that are the roughest. That's what I just got home from. But my day was actually longer, because I ran lines with the newest cast member for an hour and a half before rehearsal started.

10 of 12's are days where you start at 11:30 in the morning, for example, and then work until 4:30pm. You would then get a 2 hour break, before you come back at 6:30pm and work until 11:30 at night. This is actually what our schedule was today. It was a LONG DAY.

I seem to be an "all-or-nothing" kind of girl. I went from being unemployed to working 10 days straight without a day off, and no day off in sight (for now.)

Tomorrow (well, I guess according to this blog post - and the clock - it's actually later today) I have a production meeting for another project in the morning, followed by a fast drive to The Globe to run lines before another long rehearsal day. It's an 8 of 10 day, so not as long as today, but still... long enough.

Being busy makes me feel better. But being busy AND tired, makes me emotional. I'll be glad if I get a few hours to rest on Monday. It's technically equity's day off, but if I'm needed to run lines I'll go down and run them. Last week I ran lines for a couple hours in the evening on monday. Late afternoon would be best. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this week will be a "late afternoon" appointment.

Ok. I'm off and running.

A jewel at the end of this random post:
I got this a while back from my sister in a text message. I thought it was funny...

...and oddly something I could see myself doing...

...when I was younger...

...or just to dumb people.



Happy Weekend!