For those of us that tend to be more "night owl-ish," it's a great thing to be a part of!
That being said, my tenure at The Old Globe is about at its end. Everyone is flying freely, no longer strapped to a script. That means it's time for me to "exit stage right, even." I have 2, maybe 3 more days. Probably just 2 though.
I took this picture yesterday. This is another reason I like working at The Globe. You get to go places and do things that other people can't do...but kind of want to do. (That's one of the things I liked best about working at Disneyland and Sea World as well... backstage access!) In this case, I was sitting in the Old Globe Theater lobby, on the second floor,
... in a window.
I missed the last 2 previews of Rafta, Rafts because they pushed opening night back to Sunday. With the casting change, they just needed a little extra time. This caused previews to overlap with the Choir and Orchestra concert that I was asked to call at the California Center of the Arts in Escondido. So, for the last 2 days I have worked at the Globe during the day, then I have driven to North County to take care of that show. Ugh! GAS!
The choir concert was last night, and it went well! The people that work in the CCAE are always very nice and accommodating. It's a bit intimidating to walk into some place you don't know and assume the role of "boss." Even if it is for only a few hours, they are always very helpful. :) It was a lot of fun.
So, The Old Globe is coming to an end, and the choir concert is over... What next?
Well, I was actually offered a job! I start in April. I am excited to have something stable, and start saving a little so I can move out in a few months, and hopefully get the credit card paid down. It will take a little while to figure out the way everything works, and what exactly I am doing, but I tend to pick things up fairly quickly, so I think it will be ok. I'll also admit that even though I am excited to have this opportunity, I'm also a little sad to leave the possibility of working in theater for a living behind. Perhaps my dreams are just too big. It seems like that's what everyone and everything in life is telling me.
In the meantime, I do have an opportunity to work on two youth shows here in the next few months. They overlap, so I'm not sure how the scheduling will work, but I will be stage managing Les Mis - the Junior Addition - for ACT again.

Additionally, a local Lutheran church will be putting on a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, so I will be stage managing that as well. The last time I did anything with Joseph was in high school. I split the part of the narrator with a friend.

Having the shows, on top of the full time job will hopefully keep me busy. It will be the exact opposite of life for the last few months. I hope I don't burn myself out too fast.
Anyway, I'm excited for all my upcoming opportunities. Though I doubt they will, I hope they keep my mind busy too!