When I was younger, I was considered the "mean one" of the family. To this day, when people gather and tell stories of days gone by, I am the often the villian... the "evil one" or the "angry one."
Yup. Evil, angry, mean, bad, naughty...
I've been called them all.
...sometimes I still am.
(Does wonders for the self-esteem, I tell ya.)
Anyway, as I've gotten older, I've mellowed out. My fuse has gotten longer, and I have become more patient.
(Now people who never knew me as a youngster say my problem is that I'm TOO nice... I just can't friggin' win.)
But there are a few things that can bring out the bear in me faster than a carb addict can down a twinkie.
1. Parking in my parking spot in front of the house. Seriously. My eyes will turn red and acid fire will come spewing out of them. Two days last week someone parked in my spot. Someone not staying at, or visiting my house. That someone almost got raw eggs and obscene stick notes on their car. I think they felt the cursing... because last night they parked across the street.
2. People who drive too slow, but still feel the need to cut you off in traffic. If I'm obviously driving faster than you, and in the next lane over, please wait to change lanes until I pass. You are lucky I was raised well and don't own a non-destructible car. I would ram you.
and
3. Hair on the bathroom counters. Ok, I can deal with hair on the floor; I mean, It IS the bathroom, after all. But there is no excuse for hair on the counter. It's gross. I put my toothbrush on that counter. I don't need your hair laying in the same area. (and I'm not talking about hair from your head.)
...BOYS!
There are other things that irritate me, but those are the big three... at least at this point in my life. I have trained myself to use the slow burn for most other things. Listen now, be angry in your head later, ignore in the future.
You can't change people, so change tactics, I say.
...But if that guy parks in my spot again, I may have to declare war.