3.16.2011

When It Rains

Oh. my.

The last few days have been CRAZY!!

I thought yesterday would be my last day at the Old Globe. Turns out I still have tonight, with a possibility of staying a little longer. But here's the kicker...

Yesterday morning I got a phone call from a temp agency asking me to start an assignment on Thursday at the NBC Building. I accepted the offer, and went out to find a "conservative button-down shirt" to wear on my first day. I admit to being a little nervous about finding the parking lot they told me to park in (I hate going downtown) and wondering what the heck people do with an entire HOUR for lunch! (All my past jobs have given me 30 minutes - enough time to eat AND take a quick nap. An hour just seems excessive!)

I was supposed to start today (Wednesday) but I have a job interview for another company that I had already scheduled.

While out looking for a shirt, my phone rang. It was Sea World offering me a job working backstage again this summer on the shows. I told them I would LOVE to do it, but that I was going to be picking up a full-time weekday job, and didn't know if it would work with them now. Turns out they need more hours available from me than that, so I had to turn Sea World down. Boo.

I went and got my shirt, came home, got ready and went to The Globe... where I found out I might be needed longer. Gambling on that piece of information, I cancelled the assignment in the NBC building. I'm struggling to know if I have made the right decision. The Globe is where I'd rather be, but it's less money. Honestly, I'm banking on the idea that this interview today will pan out. It will pay more, and is closer to home, which is good with gas being horrendously expensive. (Plus, it means I won't have to go downtown.)

Truly, my biggest fear is that I have, once again, chosen wrong and I will end up starting at square one with the job hunt again. I guess the worst case scenario would allow me to call Sea World and see if I can still work there this summer. They said to call if things changed. So, I guess I'll count that as my reserve.

UGH! Job hunting!


On a different note, one year ago today I had my first surgery! It was on a Tuesday during finals week at school (we took finals during 10th week in the theater department, so I always got an additional vacation week.)

I don't actually remember much about the day... or the few days after, but I was back at school in time for the new quarter to start. Now the scars are fading - some are already white - and the "realignments" don't look so weird to me when I look in the mirror. What a difference a year makes!

Hopefully I'll look back on this crazy job day in a year, from my new home, and think the same thing. That would be amazing!