9.04.2008

Ace Correspondent

Don't be expecting me to update this blog everyday...

But it's new - a novelty - and I need to start by getting everyone up to date.

Besides... I'm VERY busy... contemplating the meaning of life, and balancing $50 in your checkbook is a lot of work...

Might even be nap material...


ANYWAY, moving on...


I want to introduce my Ace Correspondent:
This is Hippie!

Hippie and I have been friends for many years. I knew him when his butt tag actually said something, and when his nose and ears were still pink.
We've done a lot of traveling together - Texas, Florida, Hawaii, ComicCon...
Chances are you will be seeing a lot of him, so I thought I should give him the credit he is due!
Actually, here's the story of Hippie and how he came to be my top model. :)
When I worked at Disneyland, I was a bit of a gypsy. I didn't have an actual place to live, I mostly slept on couches, and lived out of a suitcase that I brought home on my days off and replenished.
Well, one night on my way to my couch, I stopped at a nearby Albertson's. (This was during the upswing of the "Beanie Baby" craze.)
While walking through the store, I came across a small bin of pocket beanies (cleverly called "Pocket Pals"). I thought they were so cute! Pigs, cats, elephants, bulls... But the cutest? You guessed it! Hippie!
We became fast friends - after I bought his freedom for a scant $4.99 - and have been together ever since!
Since I go most places by myself, it's very hard to take pictures of my exploits, so Hippie comes with me and poses in my place (Though occasionally the pictures include my thumb.)
Really, it's a win-win situation. I have a buddy that poses for free, travels light,and doesn't eat much. In exchange, people get to see fabulous pictures of a cute hippo sans his sidekick Igor (That'd be me.)
So, Hippie, meet everybody. Everybody, meet Hippie.
Now that the introductions are over, we can get down to business.
I should warn you that Igor may show up in a few pictures soon. I take no responsibility for any immediate blindness that may occur... or immediate infatuation. **shrug** What can I say? It happens...
Well, it hasn't yet, but still...