So, today was sad for me. It was my last day working at Starlight Theater before I go to school. Granted, I didn't actually work, but it was the last day I was going there. I got to watch the show instead of being part of it, and it was frustrating. I like being involved - knowing what is going on behind the scenes. And I absolutely believe every ticket sold in a theater should include a tour of the facility!
I will miss the guys at Starlight. Until this last show when Lauren was added to the crew, I was the token girl around there. All the guys have been fun and super nice! Plus they are REALLY talented. AND, they can take setsdown and put them up faster than I have ever seen! Here are some pictures of the theater I took:
The first picture I actually took last summer at the end of the season. It's the view of the house from onstage. The second two pictures are taken from the house of the stage. All the construction you see was the guys earlier this week building the set for the current production, Nine. It opened tonight, and was very good. The guys BUILT that entire set out of steel. They welded and bolted it to the stage and got it all done in about a week and a half. Someday I hope to be half as gifted as them!!
The last thing that was sad about today was I had to break up with my first boyfriend. It was heart breaking. We still love each other, but I am going to school, and he has to stay in San Diego. His roommate is one of the guys from the theater, but I think if he didn"t worry so much about his roommate, my boyfriend would have come with me...
Here are some pictures I took of my boy to remember him by...
So this is my boyfriend. His name is Blue. I think he is a fine choice for my first boyfriend. Only problem is I am robbing the cradle a bit... He's only 1 1/2 years old. But he's my sweet boy. I will miss him! More than my baby otter even!!
Well, that's it for now. As I said, FAST! Tomorrow I move into my room at school. I hope I remember everything I need! I'm standing at the edge of a big open nothingness. Tomorrow I am stepping off into the unknown...